Saturday, March 14, 2015

Assignment: Due 3/14/15






My favorite scene of the movie is when one of the ladies from the audience stands up for the mothers of the killed girls.
My interpretation of that scene: It does not matter if someone has intention of doing something or not. If that person did it, his/her intention does not count for me. The intention won’t change the result or consequences of his/her actions.
I totally agree with her because the murder was trying to defend himself because of his mental issues. But all the pain and hardship that those mothers went through, deserve at least justice.

2 comments:

  1. This brings up what is the point of the law. Is it to prevent others for committing the same crime or to put those who were harm due to the crime at ease. You seem to agree with the latter. Which I think is the wrong way to look at the law because what happens if the person never feels at ease. What do we do then? What if the person would only feel at ease if the person is given a punishment that does not fit the crime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect your point of view. In my personal opinion I think he must be punished. He killed innocent kids. The kids had not fault of his mental problems. Even if he had no intention to kill, he did it. His intention didn't change the painful results of mothers suffering for his actions.

    ReplyDelete