Thursday, March 5, 2015

Passage from the book:

"But he does not reject meaning in total or that there is no meaning in the world, but that the traditional ways of uncovering meaning will not lead you there, and that it can only be learned through experience it cannot be taught."

           Personally, the meaning of this passage is related with the fact that people learn from their own experiences. In other words, you may try to prevent somebody from a painful situation (maybe because you already went through that situation) but it is impossible for that person to learn a lesson from other people 's experience (even went they when through that). One of the reasons is because each experience and each process is different. For this reason, I strongly believe that each person should take his/her own chance and risk. Likewise, living your own experience and dealing with your own struggles is the best way to learn and gain experience. This passage is important to because I at one point in my life I made a decision to follow my instinct even with my family disagrees with me. I know they want the best for me but at the same time it was time to follow my own path. Today, I'm happy that I took that risk because I reached my goal. In, conclusion, I think that you only learn from your own experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment