Sunday, March 1, 2015

Dada Manifesto



“Dada world war without end, dada revolution without beginning, dada, you friends and also-poets, esteemed sirs, manufacturers, and evangelists". (Hugo Ball, 1916)
I believe that Hugo Ball showed all his frustration and anger in that manifesto. According to the quote, I think that Hugo Ball could not find a valid reason for that war. It was totally unjustified what was happening around the world. Similarly, “dada revolution” came out to state that art should reflect what was happening. In other words, Hugo Ball felt such a discomfort, that he could not accept the creation of art that did not reflect the reality. That is why in the quote, he called out friends, poets, manufactures and evangelists to open their eyes to the reality of the world.
            I agree with Hugo Ball because I think there is no reason that justifies people killing people. I strongly believe that there are other polite and diplomatic ways to solve problems. Added to that, I think that quote challenges me because some times I face difficult situations dealing with problematic and stressful people. However, I look for my self-control and patience. I also think about the consequence before taking any action.
            Similarly, that quote also relates to a present situation.  As an illustration, the conflict that ISIS has against many countries around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment